Friday, August 23, 2024

Final preparations

 

So much has changed here in the past couple of weeks. Finishing out homeschool planning and prep has been very anxiety-ridden for me this year. I’m still debating whether or not we are going to start on Monday or put it off for another week.

Regardless of what I choose, I’ll be putting 3 kids onto the bus this coming Monday. It’s very bittersweet, if I’m being honest, but the truth is that the ones left at home need more of my time and beyond them, I need more of my time. Having finally pursued an ADHD diagnosis, I’m currently in the limbo of therapy and doctor visits and medication and the reality that all of this means new experiences and expectations for me. Instead of jumping from 1 homeschooler plus toddler to 3 homeschoolers plus toddler, we decided to keep things as easy as we can for me, take some stuff off my plate so that I can acclimate and adjust.

In the meantime I’m putting on a brave face and looking forward to slightly slower days - as slow as a four year old boy will allow, naturally. I’m very much hoping that V and I will be able to concentrate on much of what has been left off in the past couple of years - namely needlework, among other domestic sort of crafts. She’s been wanting to get into soap making and do more candle making and I’d like to help make that happen for her. 

At the advice of Chris, I’ve sat aside a few of M’s school books for her and I to use on weekends, and I’m hopeful that she’ll still want to read about birds and stars and fairy tales.

Anyone else’s plans not going as, uh, planned?

Are you ready for the new school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Park days

  Did you homeschool at the park if there are no pictures to show for it? One of my goals for the month of September is to spend 3 days a we...