Grateful



I wish I had pictures of the kids playing out in the sun today. Last week the forecast was very grim - 40mph winds, rain, bitterly cold, but today was gorgeous and sunny and warm-ish. I kept kicking the kids outside to go play while I read and puttered around, getting ready. Dinner was a success, I managed to steal away to my beloved book a couple times, and in the end almost all the kiddos went off to a weekend with grandparents. 
This year I am trying to be a bit more present, content, and forgiving during the holidays. Even Chris noticed I wasn’t my usual crazy, insufferable self (ha!)

I think tomorrow I will start to bring out some winter decor and sprinkle some Christmas books around. Do you decorate for Christmas before or after thanksgiving? 

Regards!
Allison

Comments

Popular Posts