Forgiveness

 





Today is forgiveness Sunday and the start of Great Lent. I was blessed to attend Liturgy followed by Forgiveness Vespers with 3 of the kiddos. It was the first time I had done forgiveness vespers, in the past I skipped almost all of the special Lent services but since the kids are getting older I want them to both see me participating more as well as participate themselves in the life of the church. 

It was especially sweet to see M sort of participating in the way only a 5 year old can. Throwing herself to the ground for full prostrations - as everyone else stood up, and then only forgiving certain people while refusing to ask for forgiveness: “I don’t need that”. 

Tomorrow is “Clean Monday” and the start of “Clean Week”, which we will try to keep by doing a bit of spring cleaning. The weather looks like it will cooperate by being cold and rainy so there will be no temptation to visit the park. 

I know this is a bit of a weird entry, but I wanted to check in now at the start of Lent because I’ll be mostly signed off from social media in favor of posting here. It’s nearly midnight now, and I’m exhausted, so goodnight! I shall “see” you all soon.


Regards,

 Allison

Comments

Popular Posts